Ages 4 to 6 years old
Renaissance Montessori Kindergarten Program Focus
The Renaissance Kindergarten classroom is designed for third-year students ages 4 to 6 years of age. It aims to prepare children to meet the kindergarten expectations set forth in the Common Core State Standards and offers smaller class sizes for a more individualized learning and one-on-one attention.
Kindergarten-aged students from our Children’s House program come together in the afternoon for special activities appropriate for their stage of development. Each afternoon kindergarten session begins with a reading from a chapter book, followed by a group lesson.
The Renaissance Kindergarten program exceeds all Kindergarten Common Core expectations and meets the North Carolina Standard Course of Study. Areas of study within our kindergarten classroom include: Language Arts, Information and Technology, Science, Mathematics, World Languages, Arts Education, Social Studies, and Healthful Living.
Benefits of the Kindergarten Program
- Class sizes are only about 8 – 9 kindergarteners.
- Students receive small group lessons and one-on-one lessons.
- Students have the time and space to work on week-long projects with multiple steps.
- Students are given opportunities to utilize and build on skills learned over their previous years in school.
- Students concentrate for long periods of time and develop the coordination to write legibly, trace, and cut.
- Students develop the ability to build words and number compositions independent of their teachers.
- This final year of Children’s House is a culmination of the student’s hard work and growth.
Encourage Your Child to Flourish
Foster Personality & Individuality
Working in peer groups at this age gives children the opportunity to learn cooperation while developing leadership skills.
Small group environments allow children more one-on-one opportunities with teachers, particularly in areas where they need more attention.
Create Safe Environments
Montessori classrooms strive to provide an environment in which every student feels listened to, cared for, and supported.
Increase Student Performance
The Montessori kindergarten classroom allows students to realize concepts and skills that were previously experienced but not yet mastered.
KINDERGARTEN PROGRAM HOURS
8:00 am – 12:00 pm
8:00 am – 3:00 pm
7:30 am – 6:00 pm
KINDERGARTEN PROGRAM OPTIONS
Modified / Extended days
“The greatest sign of success for a teacher… is to be able to say, ‘The children are now working as if I did not exist.’ ”
– Maria Montessori