Cultivate a Love of Life… Inspire Academic Excellence
Renaissance Montessori is an independent Montessori school, which embodies principles of best practice in Montessori education. Our goal is to nurture intelligence, curiosity, creativity and imagination while supporting and developing each student’s unique talents. Our ultimate mission is to prepare students for life. Renaissance Montessori teaches universal values and instills a global perspective and responsible citizenship. Our aim is to help develop young people who are balanced between their knowledge and character: lifelong learners, critical thinkers, and active leaders in their local community, their country, and the world.
Our program rests on four pillars:
- We cultivate within our students a passion for excellence in everything they do, both in and outside of school.
- We nurture among our students a strongly held set of universal values, which include self-respect, respect for others, honesty, integrity, responsibility, empathy, compassion, kindness, peacefulness, a sense of concern for others, warmth, and a love of community.
- We help our students to develop a global perspective and international understanding; with this goes a sense of connection to the Earth and a commitment to stewardship of the environment.
- We encourage our students to make a lifelong commitment to contribute to society in meaningful ways.
Renaissance Montessori offers:
- A Second Language
- Spanish will be integral to all activities in the classroom.
- A Diverse School Community within an Independent School Setting.
- Our goal is to draw together children and families from throughout the Triangle community in an independent school.
- We place emphasis on creating a sustainable environment.
- We emphasize organic gardening.
- Students are taught ongoing lessons on living a life that is more in harmony with a sustainable environment.
- A Family-Friendly School
- We run a 12-month school year for all students. Summer months may have differences in schedule, fees, or programs.
- We offer extended-day programs for working families, and we may offer optional care on days when school is not in session
- A Montessori, Partnership-Based School Community
- All of our administrative decisions are based on clear, written, and commonly understood values and principles of Montessori partnership.
- All members of our school community (faculty, students, parents, and the leaders of the school) are invited to participate in a partnership-based process of ongoing discussion, planning, problem solving, and self-study/program evaluation.
- In a partnership-based Montessori community, we are a ‘Circle of Equals.’ Every voice will be heard in an environment of kindness and respect as we search for the best solutions.
- On an ongoing basis, parents, teachers, and students are invited to participate in monthly community meetings.
- We schedule many opportunities to come together in celebration as a community.
- Renaissance Montessori’s Relationship with The Montessori Foundation
- To ensure continuity of educational leadership needed to realize the school’s long-term vision, on a day-to-day basis, Renaissance Montessori has close ties with The Montessori Foundation, which is a separate, non-profit, international educational organization, instrumental in the original development of Renaissance Montessori.
- The Montessori Foundation is dedicated to the advancement of Montessori education in the United States and abroad. For more information, go to www.montessori.org